Shameful Moments in Sports is a sports television retrospective showcasing chicanery, bloopers and unsportsmanlike conduct in televised sports. The clips it features includes:
- A soccer player (Benny Hill) leans on his goal post and knocks it down; he almost does it twice while distracted by a lady pulling up her hosiery.
- A boxer named Big Boy Gaylord (Benny Hill) hears the name of his opponent, Thunder Joe McCreedy-Jones and his referee Jim McCreedy-Jones
- A golfer (Benny Hill) not only gets a hole in one, but he gets it to spin around the flag post before entering the hole
- A soccer player (Benny Hill) knocks over a rival player (Jackie Wright) on the field. As he's penalized by the referee (Nicholas Parsons), the downed player ties his shoelaces together.
- A pole vaulter (Benny Hill) smashes into a truck (inexplicably) pulling up in front of his obstacle
- A sports doctor (Benny Hill) rushing to the aid of an injured soccer player (Jackie Wright) can't open his medical kit so he makes due with what he has
- Big Boy Gaylord (Benny Hill) takes a drink before his match and spits it out during his match
- The extra player in the second soccer bit is unidentified, but speculation is that Benny might have used actual British football (soccer) players in the sketches.
- Jackie Wright is the referee in the second boxing bit; Nicholas Parsons is the opponent.
- The pole vaulter bit reappears in World of Sport on February 18, 1976.
- The shoelace-tying bit was repeated with Richard Whatling in The Birthday Party sketch on February 8, 1989.