- Coming Up
- Coming Up
- Dave Allen
- Jacqueline Clarke
- Michael Sharvell-Martin
- Ian Burford
- Chris Serle
- Peter Hawkins
- Simon Barnes
- Robert East
- Susie Baker
- Paul McDowell
- Ralph Watson
- Dave Allen - "They're called wakes; I don't know why because the guy's never coming out of it."
- Dave Allen - (about wakes) "Where the English have going out parties, the Irish have going in!"
- Dave Allen - "The funny thing about doing comedy is that you're never quite sure about how the audience will react to what you're doing.
- Dave Allen - "We're getting a bit strange...." (after seeing himself in the masochist sketch)
- Sherlock Holmes was the literary creation of writer and novelist Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, beginning with the book, "A Study In Scarlet" (1887). Some literary experts believe the character was modeled after Dr. Joseph Bell, Doyle's professor at Edinburgh University.
- Wuthering Heights which Dave Allen parodies in this episode is a great English romantic novel by Emily Bronte.
- Recurring series characters and themes for this episode include the military, drinking, cowboys, duelists, the Catholic Church, marriage, the Pope and Wuthering Heights.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.