- Parodies include Romeo and Juliet, Odysseus, Rapunzel, King Arthur and Adam and Eve. Dave plays Rodriguez the Escape Artist in a sketch and discusses how the British pronounce certain words.
- Coming Up
- Dave Allen - "Comedy exists in everything - especially where it is least expected."
- Dave Allen - (about advertisements and commercials) "You have to laugh at them otherwise they'd drive you crazy."
- Dave Allen - "Like most comedians, I have a weird sense of humor. I laugh at the strangest of subjects."
- Dave Allen - (describing wakes) "Whereas the English have coming out parties, we have going in!"
- Dave Allen - "With a brain like that, you should have been a bus conductor!" (in character during a story)
- Dave Allen - "Laugh and the world laughs with; snore and you'll sleep alone."
- Sketches include a curse from the Hindu goddess Kali, cowboys in the American Old West, Frankenstein's Monster, Dr. Jekyll, Jack the Ripper, King Solomon, Julius Caesar and Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Dr. Frankenstein is another of Dave's recurring sketch characters. Michael Sharvell-Martin plays his assistant in the various monster sketches, named variously Igor or Fritz.
- Two-Gun Pete is the name of the unseen desperado in one of the cowboy sketches.
- The Mary, Queen of Scots and Jack the Ripper sketches are both included in the "Vintage Dave Allen" tape.
- The episode starts with a sketch of an assassin named Brutus and ends with the assassination of Julius Caesar, who was assassinated by Brutus.
- Polyphemus was the Cyclops blinded by Odysseus (Ulysses) in The Odyssey by Homer.
- Several characters are from works of William Shakespeare spoofed by Dave Allen, respectively Romeo & Juliet and Richard III.
- The episode features Kali, the Hindu goddess of death considered one of the avatars of Parvati, the wife of Shiva and mother of the war-god Skanda and the elephant-god Ganehsa, revered in modern age as the mother-goddess, Kali-Ma.
- Recurring Series Characters and Themes: Rodriguez the Great Escapist, Romeo & Juliet, Rapunzel, King Arthur, Adan & Eve, Samson and the End of The World.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.